Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Last Christmas Present is now Done

I had one left to finish and it's now done.  This is the last gift for Christmas 2011.  My friend J (NJ) had some surgery in December so I didn't feel any need to rush to get her gift done for the holiday.  Problem with the mental no rush concept it that I then forgot all about it being incomplete while doing things like my Swoon quilt.

On Saturday I was all set to start a new stitchery BOM project by Shell over at  http://theraspberryrabbits.blogspot.com/  please stop over there and see it, it's awesome.Tomorrow is block 2 day.

Anyway, I needed things like my embroidery needles and small scissors and low and behold I remembered that they were in the box holding the rest of the pieces of J's gift.  Now I was so close to the end that I finished everything but the hand sewing of the binding in under 5 hours.  Why do we do these things to ourselves?  So what do you think?





I love it.  This is Shell's BOM   "12 of Hearts" from last year.  I made the blocks a little larger than her pattern because it made it easier to do the stitchery in the man cave with it's limited lighting.

Well I now need to call J and let her know that I am posting this so she can decide if she wants to wait until the weekend to see it live or if a picture will do.

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Perfect for Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you set your 12 of Hearts quilt. Wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment about the koi pond. I worked on it the whole day and am ready to relax and see what the rest of you are up to. Love this quilt you've done.
    Hugs from Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - your quilts are beautiful. Your lines are so crisp and straight! My hubby does quilts now and then and we live near Paducah KY - where the quilt show goes on every year. Love quilts. Anytime anyone wants to make me one.. I am very happy!! I think using Digi stamps as applique is a great idea! Let me know if you try it! Hugs! Patti

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.